Do you love people and pets?
We need your help!
Phinney’s has many volunteer opportunities. You can work with people and pets, on creative projects, or perform administrative and planning work. Many volunteers choose more than one option, but there is no minimum time commitment required.
Please note that we do not have a physical office. Your tasks will most likely be performed from home, or you will visit pets at their home.
As a Phinney’s volunteer, you may choose to help a pet-loving family (or several) on a regular basis or be available for one-time tasks. In that case, we will email you with an opportunity, and you jump in only if you want to. It’s that simple.
A sample of our volunteer tasks:
- Cat care – litter box cleaning, nail trimming, feeding
- Cat fostering – we pay for needed supplies and vet care
- Dog care – dog walking, nail trimming, medicating during home visits
- Dog fostering – we pay for needed supplies and vet care
- Supplies transporter – transport pet supplies from Lincoln to the client, or deliver donations
- Veterinarian – donate your medical services, provide advice
- Vet Tech – help us care for sick pets, generally by fostering them
- Admin Manager – update our database, make phone calls, write letters
- Board Member – strategic planning, decision making
- Client Manager – call clients, give advice, manage cat & dog teams
- Designer – design logos, shirts, newsletters, flyers, stickers
- Event Planner – help create and organize fundraisers and other events
- Finance Manager – bookkeeping, tax preparation, financial advising
- Legal Advice – help create better contracts, waivers, insurance coverage, etc.
- Marketing Specialist – find new opportunities for us to publicize our work
- Photographer – take pictures of pets, events, families, products
- PR Specialist – build and maintain a relationship with public & media online and in print
- Volunteer Manager – screen, engage and assign tasks to volunteers
- Web Designer/Programmer – help maintain a website
- Writer – for our blog, newsletters, flyers, books, and online projects
Volunteers working directly with clients must be 18 years old, but administrative tasks are an option for volunteers aged 16 and up. When you apply, you will be required to read our Volunteer Manual, so you become acquainted with the organization. You will also be required to fill out a Volunteer Packet, which includes a CORI check since we assist vulnerable populations
If you are interested in any of these tasks, email us here. We will get in touch with you and give you more information.